alan-d Posted January 18, 2007 Posted January 18, 2007 From a menu link on an Intranet page I want users to be able to run Lessonm.exe on the local machine. Any ideas on how I do this?
Midget Posted January 18, 2007 Posted January 18, 2007 put the intranet in the trusted domains list and use java to run the .exe
alan-d Posted January 18, 2007 Author Posted January 18, 2007 Trusted domains list I can do. No idea where to start with the java thing though.
Midget Posted January 18, 2007 Posted January 18, 2007 I wasn't sure if javascript would be able to do it, but apparently it can so i'd reccy using that instead as its easier to embed into html Here is a very good simple walkthrough http://www.faqts.com/knowledge_base/view.phtml/aid/31646
alan-d Posted January 18, 2007 Author Posted January 18, 2007 Thanks - I'll have a look - it looks just the job
Geoff Posted January 18, 2007 Posted January 18, 2007 Also be aware IE7 disables the Intranet security zone.
klawd Posted January 18, 2007 Posted January 18, 2007 This might be of some use... LaunchinIE http://www.whirlywiryweb.com/q/%2Flaunchinie.asp its a free DLL, but requires some setup on clients (registry entries etc) Another (but non-free) way of doing it is: IntraLaunch http://www.particlesoftware.com/en/index.html Both seem to work fine, I am experimenting with both for incorporating an application launcher into intranet.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now