_techie_ Posted June 23, 2010 Posted June 23, 2010 Hi, I have done a bit of updating of profiles this morning for our Office 2010 rollout. I wanted to customise the ribbon for Excel, and add a new custom group on the data tab, with the 'Forms' tool added. This worked okay. Opened and closed Excel, and the customisations still worked. Closed the profile up, tested the profile, and only some of settings I had changed had worked? The ribbon customisations I added, were lost. Has anyone got this to work yet? I am also struggling to figure out whether it's possible to globally set up the trust center using GPO, but can't seem to find the setting at present. Any help appreciated! Thanks,! _techie_
SYNACK Posted June 23, 2010 Posted June 23, 2010 (edited) This should help with the trust center config Configure security for Office 2010 the ribbon customization is stored in an xml file and so if you can track that down and copy it to the right place it should stick. http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forum.aspx/word-menus/3653/Word-2010-Ribbon-Customization-to-template http://ecn.channel9.msdn.com/o9/learn/Office2010/Labs/OfficeUI/Lab.docx Edited June 23, 2010 by SYNACK
_techie_ Posted June 23, 2010 Author Posted June 23, 2010 Sorted it! Just added the Excel.officeUI in the ApplicationData\Microsoft\Office folder in the profile. Thanks,
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now