KeithFermor Posted June 17, 2005 Posted June 17, 2005 I have a growing list of work that involves video editing, inserting clips, movie conversions, audio bites, etc. Wow! Tis is an area of increasing interest and its gobling up my time... although its a great nerdish area to have some fun with! In particular, I have been hunting for some conversion package (freeware, shareware, something that works!) for Realplayer RM to MPEG1 or 2. I have downloaded over six products to try so far, without finding one that actually produces the goods. So, a general discussion area of multimedia could be a reely reely useful discussion root - any thoughts?
RobC Posted June 17, 2005 Posted June 17, 2005 I'm sure I saw this come up a while back on teh Schools-IT ng. IIRC, I think the answer was that there wasn't one that was any good. Hopefully someone will prove me wrong.
Geoff Posted June 17, 2005 Posted June 17, 2005 MPlayer, a movie player for linux, has a tool with it called memcoder. This will quite happily convert realplayer to mpeg2/3/4. While there is a windows port I'm told it doesn't always work as expected. Locate your nearest Knoppix LiveCD for best results.
Geoff Posted June 19, 2005 Posted June 19, 2005 Ironically enough I had need to do this here at home. mplayer -dumpstream -oac pcm -o stream.wav "`wget $URL -O -`" works for me on Linux.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now