Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hey all,

 

Finally a tip and not a question! I was recently making an image for a system on our (new) MS network, and found that when I logged in as a limited user, some of my shortcuts in the start menu had the "default" icon and no longer functioned. Going to Properties showed these to be invalid shortcuts.

 

In creating my default user setup, I had pulled some shortcuts into the All Users Start Menu - and somehow these icons did not have the local "Users" added into the Security Tab. Hence, admins could run the shortcuts, but limited users could not.

 

If interested, I'll post some screenshots of the problem if this isn't clear.

 

Hope it helps someone! :o

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...