bertster Posted July 1, 2009 Posted July 1, 2009 I'm trying to setup a user with outlook on their laptop and link this in with RM EasyMail. I can receive emails ok from RM Easymail but cant send - SMTP setting issues (Outlook is unable to connect to your outgoing (STMP) email server). I've tried the various settings that I know work but still not joy. To complicate the issue this user is employed by another school so uses that schools rm easymail account, however their office is on another school campus. This dept. has its own server and broadband connection separate from the school. Everyone else uses exchange. I'm tried the ESSEX LEA who tell me to call BT who say its not them...... Anyone know of a solution?
kmount Posted July 1, 2009 Posted July 1, 2009 Can you telnet from that workstation to an outside smtp server? If no, check a local proxy server if one exists, failing that it's the ISP that you need to call to enquire. - Chances are they'll need to use that ISPs SMTP server.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now