Face-Man Posted June 28, 2006 Posted June 28, 2006 I'm trying to get RIS to work with the following setup 1 w2k server with AD/DNS/DHCP 1 w2k3 server with RIS installed with basic XP sp2 I keep getting the following error from my GX270 (intel pro 1000) when I try to boot from the network PXE-E53 No Boot Filename Received I know from the net that this means it is getting a dhcp address but not getting the bootfiles. Any ideas ?
Face-Man Posted June 29, 2006 Author Posted June 29, 2006 IT's got version A.06 which I think is the latest. I think it may be that DHCP server is not telling the client where to get the RIS client. I'm hoping to find a spare box this afternoon to try with different hardware
Snuffkins Posted July 5, 2006 Posted July 5, 2006 You have to configure your DHCP scope options 66 and 67. 67 is the name of the bootfile. The file name is startrom.com or startrom.n12. If you use the second one it won't ask you to hit f12 when booting...
Face-Man Posted July 5, 2006 Author Posted July 5, 2006 Thanks Snuffkins that worked a treat (well once I put the full path for startrom in). Now I just have to get the NIC drivers sorted (I've seen that elsewhere in edugeek) and I can start to play....
ajbritton Posted July 11, 2006 Posted July 11, 2006 You have to configure your DHCP scope options 66 and 67. 67 is the name of the bootfile. The file name is startrom.com or startrom.n12. If you use the second one it won't ask you to hit f12 when booting... :? That's odd. I've never had to do this and I've set up loads of RIS servers.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now