Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted
The more the merrier! Just need MKV and .rm now and we're all set :p

 

MKV is just a container so it would be impossible to support all the different codecs that can be inside it.

 

RM, well I don't think many people have used that ad ware ridden format since the 90s :)

Posted

I'd read the artical on PCPro last week but hadn't looked at the list until today...

 

Something they are still missing which should easily be possible is in the networking section, the ability to set the proxy for the network location so if you take your laptop home from work it turns off the proxy and put it on again when you get back to work would really help. How hard can it be? Am I the only one who has posted this request to MS?

 

Appart from that, I have no niggles and problems with Win7 ad want the RC to install asap so I can get ready for full roll out ASAP (skipping Vista - not cos I didn't like it but cos machines are too old to run it and Win7 is due for the same point I'd be able to do upgrades anyway)

 

When does everyone plan to do their upgrades to Win7?

Posted
Indeed, on a quiet note it is definitely more stable than previous releases however a little slower in benchmarks according to some sites. I've not noticed any huge difference in performance between high power, VM and my el-cheapo laptop so stll a thumbs up.
Posted

...and yet another build has leaked last night, 7057 32bit only.

They've changed the logged off image on this build

Windows 7 build 7057 leaks

 

I really hope they offer an easy way to customise this. We change it here to the default student background and I advertise current events on it (i.e at the moment it's showing info about the red nose day talent show).

In Vista you have to modify system files to change it, which is a pain. On XP all I have to do is change a registry key to point to a bmp file on the C: Drive.

Posted
oh and Sims works on the 32bit version of this build now, whereas it only worked on the x64 version of the official beta 1.

 

for SIMS to work on anything is a mirical

  • 3 weeks later...
Posted

Aye, ditto. Actually replaced Vista x64 as my main home OS with 7 (7057) and it's doing a fantastic job. I'd be able to do a more reasonable job of evaluating it's stability if my cousin's kid with a power button fetish hadn't decided to visit and start using my PC power button as a push toy, which my RAID loved and Windows loved slightly less.

 

Only major niggle so far came last night when attempting to set up uPNP media streaming to my original xbox and xbmc but overcame it using nero mediahome. Rather pleased with everything else, handled recording the Grand Prix nicely yesterday :D

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...