Dos_Box Posted November 18, 2008 Posted November 18, 2008 I'm torn between the Logitech Harmony One (http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/remotes/universal_remotes/devices/3898&cl=gb,en) . And the Logitech 885 (http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/remotes/universal_remotes/devices/372&cl=gb,en). Dabs have hem both well below book price but I'm torn between both. Does any here have experiences of them?
pbrian49 Posted November 18, 2008 Posted November 18, 2008 Hi Dos_Box I have the 885 and on the whole have found it to work very well, set up was fairly straight forward though I had to program the remote for my DVD/HD Recorder as the codes weren't available. I have it operating the TV, Sky Box and DVD/HD Recorder. Recently I updated it and it seems to have forgotten all I taught it so I need to start again from scratch, a bit like school staff there then. It is supposed to be a learning remote and from the help you can tell it what is and isn't on and it should remember for next time but it doesn't seem to be doing this at the moment. Battery life is excellent and I have to very rarely put it in the recharger and when I do it charges very quickly. Don't know anything about the other one.
Dos_Box Posted November 18, 2008 Author Posted November 18, 2008 Yeah, I'm more inclined to the 885, but the touch screen on the One intrigues me, that and the 885 is cheaper on Dabs, but over £60 more expensive on the Logitech site!
ZeroHour Posted November 18, 2008 Posted November 18, 2008 895 is very nice too. I am trying to decide between them myself right now. The 895 has the handy rf entender and also if you buy the right fittings (Z-Wave, if it ever comes out in the uk) you can control your lights.
pbrian49 Posted November 18, 2008 Posted November 18, 2008 (edited) Here are a few more customer reviews Cheap Laptops, Hard Drives, LCD Monitors, TVs and more at Ebuyer Got mine from ebuyer, don't know how it compares to Dabs prices though. Edited November 18, 2008 by pbrian49 correct spelling
Dos_Box Posted November 18, 2008 Author Posted November 18, 2008 I can't justify the cost of the 895., but I can't understand why Dabs have the costlier 885 cheaper than the One! I may just get the 885 for that anomaly alone!
scgf Posted November 18, 2008 Posted November 18, 2008 I have the Harmony One and regret replacing my previous Harmony remote with this model. The touch screen is OK, but the actual screen is a quite some depth under the perspex panel. This means as you angle the remote towards your equipment (oo er!) you end up selecting the wrong item. It is made worse becuase there are no colour hard keys - and most UK tv entertainment devices seem to use the coloured keys quite a bit. The Harmony One will give you touch-screen colour buttons but they're not as good.
Dos_Box Posted November 19, 2008 Author Posted November 19, 2008 I shall get the 885 from Dabs as it's £5 cheaper once P&p come into it!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now