Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Is there a way in Google Forms to generate a custom ID number for each form submission?

 

We are looking at moving away from our internally hosted Catering Request system which is hosted on a Spiceworks system as it's becoming a bit too over kill for what we want it to do and a Google form with Form Notifications will do the job better and simpler than Spiceworks, plus it means I don't have to managed yet another server for Spiceworks.

 

Having an Auto Generated ID would mean the catering staff could reference what is required.

 

I've seen this video

which shows how to make a helpdesk using Google Forms and thinking about using formmule to do what i need to do and having requester and Catering Team..

 

.. unless someone knows how to add in an AutoGeneratingID.

Posted

Not sure if I fully understand the requirement, so apologies if I am off the mark. Would ROW() provide a number unique to each submission - a caveat I'm not sure how resubmissions are handled. Alternatively, would a global variable help - https://stackoverflow.com/questions/24721226/how-to-define-global-variable-in-google-apps-script.

One more, but may be a bit cumbersome -https://digitalinspiration.com/docs/form-notifications/unique-form-submission-id

Posted

Thanks for the reply, I've managed to do what i've needed to do with FormMule which seems like it's going to be the best way of doing this as it enables different email templates to go to different recipients.

 

It only means that the process is done in Sheets rather than on the Form.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...