JRA Posted January 12, 2022 Posted January 12, 2022 I swear I had this working in the last FOG server I set up... Got FOG installed yesterday and all in DHCP, clients booting ok when tested. However I'd like to lock down the options to image and inventory PCs with a password. I can't seem to get that to "take" in the web gui or anywhere. Not even sure I have the right setting but I do recall this not being an issue before. Anyone know where this is set? Thanks much all.
JRA Posted January 14, 2022 Author Posted January 14, 2022 Morning all, Just thought I'd tie this thread up with my current situation (as I hate Googling and finding unanswered queries out there in the wild, just in case someone comes across mine now!) In short, this can't be done. Yet. In FOG you have the regular splash screen (it's pretty) and the option to hide certain menu options behind that so, for example, bored children can't image the universe. If however you elect to do that behind the advanced menu from the webgui options then it breaks. FOG devs haven't had chance to sort this in the way they'd like it, so I just hid mine with the pre-splash pxe boot options requiring a key press, which then requires a login, which therefore hides all the "risky" business. More here: Securing FOG Boot Options? | FOG Project
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now