snagrat Posted March 8, 2021 Posted March 8, 2021 Does anyone know a way to export Google Group emails to PST? I can't seem to view Google groups in Outlook so unable to do it that way
Ditto Posted March 8, 2021 Posted March 8, 2021 Does anyone know a way to export Google Group emails to PST? I can't seem to view Google groups in Outlook so unable to do it that way I don't have a G Suite Admin account at present, so can't check, but if you have Google Vault enabled, you might be able to do it from there. https://support.google.com/vault/answer/2473458?hl=en Out of interest, why do you want to view in Outlook?
snagrat Posted March 9, 2021 Author Posted March 9, 2021 I need to move the emails to Office 365 for this one account. If I could get it in Outlook then exporting would be easily enough. I will look into the Vault option
Ditto Posted March 9, 2021 Posted March 9, 2021 I had a quick check of Google Takeout too. It exports to MBOX, but apparently there are tools to convert to PST, but you'd need to check those for safety reasons. There is also https://support.google.com/a/users/answer/153871?hl=en - I'm not sure I can recommend this but for a one off it might be worth considering. I'm also not sure it works for a group email. This, or something similar, was used by a previous head I worked with, in spite of the fact he was told not too and he ended up in a complete pickle. In the end the Exec Head pulled the head in line and we blocked the software.
snagrat Posted March 9, 2021 Author Posted March 9, 2021 No go with Takeout but the Vault worked perfectly.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now