Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi all - trying to get our EnGenius system (new and shiny) to use RADIUS authentication for one particular network/SSID.

 

What I'd ideally like to happen is clients/guests join the "Public" wifi and then divert to a captive portal login page (so far this part works.) I'd like staff only, not students, to be able to authenticate here and get wifi, plus ONE other AD account called "public." The account "public" will have it's password changed daily and emailed to a few staff to serve as the daily public wifi password, so non-staff can get logged in for up to 1 day.

 

For the life of me I cannot get EnGenius and RADIUS to play nice.

 

Anyone using these two in a similar way and had any luck?

 

Thanks all.

Posted

Looks like each AP needs sticking in NPS RADIUS Clients. Each one.

 

I have 60.

 

Putting a tea on and getting typing...

Posted (edited)
Looks like each AP needs sticking in NPS RADIUS Clients. Each one.

 

I have 60.

 

Putting a tea on and getting typing...

Depending on your Server OS version you can use an IP range for your Radius clients on NPS to save you adding them all individually Edited by SpaceInvader83
  • Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...