JRA Posted March 17, 2020 Posted March 17, 2020 Hi all - I'm a bit new to this BUT got a FOG server finally up and working and taking/deploying W10 images! The real icing on the cake will be getting it to deploy and rename/rejoin PCs (ideally have them take their former place in AD or, if not, put them in a little "post-imaged" OU for dragging where they should be.) This could be me either being unfamiliar with sysprep, with the FOG rename/join tool or a combination of some of these! But this is as far as I got. I am fairly sure I have the domain join settings sorted in FOG. Now, here comes the tricky bits I'm stuck on... I install W10 from disc to VM, don't remove much of anything, don't even set up or change the local admin password/account. Will probably do all I can later in GP (has worked alright so far through testing) or make another golden image another time when I'm a bit better at doing things! So, I copy the following two files to the c:\windows\system32\sysprep\ folder on the client, and then I run the following little batch file first: *@echo off delprof2 /q /id:setupuser /i NET USER setupuser /DELETE powercfg -h off rem C:\Support\Tools\Shutup\OOSU10.exe ooshutup10.cfg /quiet del /F c:\windows\system32\sysprep\panther\setupact.log del /F c:\windows\system32\sysprep\panther\setuperr.log del /F c:\windows\system32\sysprep\panther\ie\setupact.log del /F c:\windows\system32\sysprep\panther\ie\setuperr.log del /F "C:\Program Files (x86)\FOG\fog.log" del /F "C:\Program Files (x86)\FOG\token.dat" rem "C:\Program Files\Oracle\VirtualBox Guest Additions\uninst.exe" reg import C:\Support\Tools\ResetERAgentUUID.reg net stop FOGService sc config FOGService start= disabled sc config EraAgentSvc start= disabled cleanmgr /sagerun:1 defrag c: c:\windows\system32\sysprep\sysprep.exe /oobe /generalize /shutdown /unattend:c:\windows\system32\sysprep\unattend.xml* As you can probably see this deletes a setup user (I don't follow quite why the tutorial I followed puts this step in as the unattend.xml to follow recreates them. This might well be my problem even but idk.) So, unattend.xml looks like: *
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now