yhttech Posted December 13, 2019 Posted December 13, 2019 We purchased a Brother HL-2350DW for use with a set of Chromebooks and I am trying to configure it to print with the new CUPS method. The Chromebooks see the printer device, and are able to send jobs to the printer. The paper comes out blank. I can print reports from the printer, so I know it's got a good toner cartridge. I've tried socket://ip_address and lpd://ip_address, as well as PCL 5, 5C, 6/XL and PS. When it's set to PS, it doesn't do anything. I'm stumped. Anyone with any ideas?
GaryPad Posted December 20, 2019 Posted December 20, 2019 According to the Brother site, under o/s it does list CUPS: https://www.brother.co.uk/printers/mono-laser-printers/hl-l2350dw and there are downloads for Linux (Debian and RPM) but on page 3 of the Datasheet under Print it only shows supporting GDI https://www.brother.co.uk/-/media/pdf/buk/product-downloads/datasheets/hl-l2350dw_datasheet.ashx?la=en - which should make it a Windows only device. However I did find suggestion that the hl7x0 driver "most probably" works so maybe try that? https://www.openprinting.org/printer/Generic/Generic-GDI_Printer PostScript definitely won't work, and neither will PCL (which should be either PCL5e for a monochrome device or PCL 6/XL; PCL5c is for colour devices) I'm afraid.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now