Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi,

I have been asked by our RE subject lead to create a distribution list that can be used by the subject leads at the seven schools in the consortium to exchange information.

Having created [email protected] as a distribution list and added all the external teachers email addresses as external contacts to our Office 365. Everyone can send and receive email sent to that address, however when someone hits reply, the reply to address is the sender of the email and not the distribution list. I've done a bit of Googling and searching through the O365 exchange admin centre I can't find a way to fix the "Reply to" address to the distribution list for internal and external users.

 

I see Group Delegation would allow users to choose to send from the distribution list address if they wanted but it is a choice they have to make when replying (and we all know users won't), it also doesn't allow me to add the users who are external to our o365 environment, they are not even listed. There is "email options" within the distribution list settings which is set to "Type - SMTP, email address - [email protected]", if I try and add an option there is a tick box for "make this the default reply to address" but when add the address and click ok, get the error "The email address already exists in the list".

 

Has anyone done this, and if so how?

 

Thanks

Andy

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...