jmel27 Posted December 18, 2018 Posted December 18, 2018 Morning All, I had an error on SIMS Exams Organiser: "Component 'mscomctl.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid" Capita sent our IT Team a patch, 17330, and I've been told by our team that it has been installed. I gave it a day or so (therefore restarted a few times in that time period) and the same error is coming up still. Has anyone else had a similar problem & been given a fix that works? Thanks, James
Greg Posted December 18, 2018 Posted December 18, 2018 That's a VB component, it should be in C:\Windows\SysWOW64 Try rebooting the SIMS Server Failing that check Windows Updates installed or try reregistering it if it exists using Regsvr32 (Usual backup caveats before you start...)
jmel27 Posted December 18, 2018 Author Posted December 18, 2018 Thanks! I'll get the IT team to give it a go!
aac Posted November 18, 2021 Posted November 18, 2021 Hi there We have just had this today completely out of the blue so I will post resolution for future reference. mscomctl.ocx did not seem to be in the c:\windows\syswow64 directory on any machine other than the SIMS server which is odd as the Exams Manager said it worked just yesterday. Anyway we just copied the file from the SIMS server to the same directory on his PC and registered the file using command prompt to resolve the issue. Only thing I can think happened is a windows update could have run that removed this file but it will have to remain a mystery. Just for reference though Microsoft state in documentation on their own website that mscomctl.ocx is not shipped with Windows but is a supported file so I wonder if the SIMS installation places it in the directory but a Windows update removed it in our case because it is the only plausible explanation I can think of...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now