Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted
Well my old firm closed and I am working part time. I hope to find some teaching role that can fill in some of my free time. I have had a few opportunities to teach in schools previously though only as a guest. I do not need an income so an unpaid role would be okay. Teaching is under valued by many but it can be one of the hardest and most rewarding roles.
Posted
I do not need an income so an unpaid role would be okay.

 

Hello, and welcome to the forum. Most people on here are more on the technical side of educational IT than actual teaching - you might also want to try places like the TES forums for a wider range of potential answers. Saying that, the kind of thing you might be looking for is a coding club or similar - after school clubs that take on volunteers and send them in to schools to run clubs dealing with coding / robotics / electronics / etc. The Raspberry Pi community is also a good place to look to connect volunteers with schools.

Posted
I'd probably start by helping out with a code club if you don't have any contacts in schools, then volunteer to TA in CS lessons if you know how to code

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...