Manny-Tech Posted July 9, 2018 Posted July 9, 2018 (edited) Hi, Relatively new to SCCM and handling Windows Updates. Through the use of ADRs + some well constructed timings on collections I've managed to get a system in place where I can have a few test machines on the latest updates before I roll out everywhere. The next thing to look at is how I manage the feature upgrades, do I just release the upgrade when I'm ready to my collection as I do with other updates, do I create a task sequence to deploy the WIM or do I use the Windows 10 servicing? There seems three viable options and I'm not entirely sure which is the best option. I guess I'm seeking guidance on what others are doing? Also, is there a timeframe in which I can hold back the feature upgrades or am I at my own mercy? Obviously I understand there is a limit on how long a particular version is 'supported'. Edited July 9, 2018 by Manny-Tech
ADMaster Posted July 9, 2018 Posted July 9, 2018 I prefer a TS to reapply branding and remove apps. Apps may not be an issue going forward, but there are several custemizations I'd do.
Manny-Tech Posted July 10, 2018 Author Posted July 10, 2018 What sort of customisations are you talking about?
ADMaster Posted July 10, 2018 Posted July 10, 2018 What sort of customisations are you talking about?I'm not in work so can't post screenshot and details. There is a screenshot of my TS in another thread somewhere on here. Keep in mind this TS upgrades from w8 or an older version of W10. Here are a few things from memory. Remove classic shell I used it on w8 Upgrade office everyone is upgraded now so that Will be taken out Remove apps Reset theme / branding. A 10 to 10 upgrade is ok but 8 to 10 made the theme look terrible. Remove OneDrive Remove 3d objects Remove pc reset Remove edge from desktop I'm sure I'm forgetting something but any customizations you do during OSD you likely need to redo during upgrade.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now