forkies Posted June 18, 2018 Posted June 18, 2018 Hi all, We have had an issue reported to us multiple times from various staff, generally 3-10 times a week. Our attendance officer is updating the marks in the morning (by 9.30am) with codes from the voice messages from parents. What is happening, is when the teacher opens the register (even last lesson at 2.15pm) sometimes the codes are not appearing so they are then marking as absent. I have spoken with our Capita support unit who are requesting ALL windows updates to date are installed on all machines, we currently only deploy updates that are critical and security updates on a 3 week delay. The other response they have come back with at the moment is to ensure staff are using the "Window > Close All" in Sims.NET before taking the next register to "ensure that the most up to date information is displayed". I have been telling staff to use the "close" button to close the register but it seems Capita suggest closing all the windows in Sims.NET to ensure the data is correct which seems crazy to me, surely closing the register window and going back in should work? Apparently this is a "common query" for Capita and that is the fix. Has anybody else experienced similar? Thanks, Tom
bobsmith Posted June 18, 2018 Posted June 18, 2018 Is your attendance officer updating lesson marks as well as session marks? That's always been the problem I've found. The one bit of SIMS that's always been pretty bulletproof has been the attendance section.
forkies Posted June 18, 2018 Author Posted June 18, 2018 Is your attendance officer updating lesson marks as well as session marks? That's always been the problem I've found. The one bit of SIMS that's always been pretty bulletproof has been the attendance section. I will check, I believe she is updating all marks.
cen602 Posted June 19, 2018 Posted June 19, 2018 I have had this similar query at one of my schools. They are now using Hosted Sims and the staff use Sims Learning Gateway to login and take the registers. Quite often I will get reports that the registers haven't saved, or that the teacher did save but it didn't get through when the Attendance Officer was looking. Quite frustrating and as Capita don't monitor connections they say it is down to your ISP. Quite often we will get 'reconnecting' when using the hosted session. It seems that there maybe services that 'stop running' but trying to get something from Capita is frustrating sometimes. My next xtep is to ask the ISP (LA) if they can monitor the traffic.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now