johnpd Posted March 30, 2018 Posted March 30, 2018 Hi I’m getting fed up of drawplus /webplus etc crashing and usual bugs with exporting. It was discontinued in 2015 I think! The computing department doesn’t have the money to move to adobe. I need something that is able to do web graphics and animation, preferably not requiring flash ( ie html5) . I think they should be able to do it with open source but what do you lot think and is there a good network package available for any of your suggestions. Windows 7 and windows 1709 in use at the site in question. Thanks John
mavhc Posted March 31, 2018 Posted March 31, 2018 (edited) Inkscape and paint.net both have msis Animation is trickier, what sort? I've installed blender, kids seem to like it, but not used it for animation much. There's synfig and opentoonz, pencil2d, tupi https://sourceforge.net/projects/tupi2d/files/latest/download and animation paper (not developed) Plastic Animation Paper - Free download and software reviews - CNET Download.com Most of the open source stuff works (slowly) from a network drive, or just copy it to each computer, easy to create an msi for, and if you do, share it Edited March 31, 2018 by mavhc
Driftingashore Posted March 31, 2018 Posted March 31, 2018 It’s a long overdue, but I’m starting to look at the same thing. Serif’s discontinued apps are getting annoyingly unreliable here (though to be fair they were never rock solid anyway). Don’t know if it’s just me, but Adobe sales have been freaking terrible and so far I’ve spoken to two different people who gave two vastly different (£1200 / £15000) quotes over the phone but never emailed them to me and were never heard from again. Pfft.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now