Liam Posted July 6, 2017 Posted July 6, 2017 If someone can help I would be very appreciated. So I have created an azure vnet to host a domain controller. The idea is that it acts as a sync between sites and also as part of our DRP. So a bit of background. Site a : local school Site b: my school Site c: azure I have site a connected to c for domain replication I have site b connected to c for domain replication Ideally I would like site a to connect to site b using the routing in site c. Sort of cross premise routing. Has anyone achieved this? I think it's becuase I created a basic vpn that doesn't offer these features but before I recreate it all again i thought I would throw it out there. If you need any more info please let me know. In anticipation..... Liam
snagrat Posted July 6, 2017 Posted July 6, 2017 I've got exactly same setup as you have mentioned. I looked into what you are trying to achieve but gave up. I felt that i couldn't get the tragic to route without going through Azure and therefore paying some "data out" charge. If you do get it working with no cost I would be very interested in how and what you did
Liam Posted July 6, 2017 Author Posted July 6, 2017 Did you have the basic vpn? I believe if I swap to a standard sku or an other alternative it will all work as I had planned. For the cost it's a joke it really is. I guess I'll have to put the server in the cloud
snagrat Posted July 7, 2017 Posted July 7, 2017 Just looked and yeh they are on the Basic sku. I can't find anything to say the basic sku is different is the way it works except for the max number of connections and speed
Liam Posted July 7, 2017 Author Posted July 7, 2017 Changing the sku didn't make any difference. It must be possible.
snagrat Posted July 7, 2017 Posted July 7, 2017 Azure Support gave me this to look at but can't see that it's what I want to do http://aka.ms/d_pbmgoxik1
Liam Posted July 7, 2017 Author Posted July 7, 2017 No it's not really relevant is it? Oh well I'll have to put the server in cloud at additional expense!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now