pbad Posted June 29, 2017 Posted June 29, 2017 I've noticed that when some staff and pupils login they have the myway toolbar as their homepage. I'm not sure how they got this as their homepage. Any idea how to get rid of the myway toolbar and homepage from the user profiles?
DrPopkorne Posted July 3, 2017 Posted July 3, 2017 Have you deployed anything recently? I came across an offline installer for VLC last year and it must have had some unofficial code in it that changed the home page to a tech site and some extension that luckily kept failing to run. In our case it was pushed via GPO and left once we'd reversed it the issue was gone. You should also be able to remove myway from the control panel.. but I'd check it's not being deployed by anything first before manually removing.
ADMaster Posted July 3, 2017 Posted July 3, 2017 That looks like chrome, but different enough I'm not sure (an old version?). I'd check for a dodgy extension, then when you find it black list it in the admin console / GPO.
pbad Posted July 4, 2017 Author Posted July 4, 2017 It doesn't matter which PC or laptop the pupil logs in on, they still get the same homepage. Is the only way to fix this problem to reset the pupils Windows 7 profile? Below is the actual screenshot I've taken from a pupils login.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now