FN-GM Posted May 8, 2017 Posted May 8, 2017 Hello, I am unable to edit posts. I make my changed and when I press save nothing happens. Creating new posts works just fine. I am running Chrome 58.0.3029.96 (64-bit) on Windows 10 LTSB 2016 x64 I have clear cache and browsing data it made no difference. I also dumped the user profile and that didn't make a difference. Any thoughts please? Thanks
Passat1983ICTech Posted May 8, 2017 Posted May 8, 2017 have you tried IE i no i have had this on a few thing working on a website
vikpaw Posted May 8, 2017 Posted May 8, 2017 Windows 10 LTSB 2016 x64 < - - cos it's not a Mac I blame WinDoze 1
robk Posted May 8, 2017 Posted May 8, 2017 Hello, I am unable to edit posts. I make my changed and when I press save nothing happens. Creating new posts works just fine. I am running Chrome 58.0.3029.96 (64-bit) on Windows 10 LTSB 2016 x64 I have clear cache and browsing data it made no difference. I also dumped the user profile and that didn't make a difference. Any thoughts please? Thanks Have you perhaps exceeded the change limit? To many requests to change/move things may result in you getting locked out.
ZeroHour Posted May 8, 2017 Posted May 8, 2017 Have you perhaps exceeded the change limit? To many requests to change/move things may result in you getting locked out. There is no change limit, only a time limit. I am running the same chrome version but I have not seen it myself. I will try and see if I can recreate it. Does advanced work? EDIT:test
FN-GM Posted May 8, 2017 Author Posted May 8, 2017 If I press advance nothing happens. Same thing happens when I also use "Reply With Quote" Cheers
ZeroHour Posted May 8, 2017 Posted May 8, 2017 Can you attach a screenshot from your debug console from chrome dev tools?
ZeroHour Posted May 8, 2017 Posted May 8, 2017 Is this ok? Yeah but sadly it doesnt seem to highlight the issue. I can see the editor isnt loading correctly but I am not sure why. What filtering do you have in school out of interest? I am wondering if the changes to https may have caused this, when did you first spot the issue? Its possible the filter is sending a 200 response but not the actual content in the script etc which could explain why the console doesnt seem to show any problems loading a file.
FN-GM Posted May 9, 2017 Author Posted May 9, 2017 Hello, We use Smoothwall, but we don't use https inspection as it breaks too many things. I spotted it yesterday. I will have a look at smoothwall and see if I can see anything Thanks
FN-GM Posted May 9, 2017 Author Posted May 9, 2017 Do you happen to have the address for the editor please?
ZeroHour Posted May 9, 2017 Posted May 9, 2017 Everything loads from either: www.edugeek.net awscdn.cdngeek.com awscdn.cdngeek.net (although thats being demoted) The editor JS *seems* to be loaded but I am not sure if the AJAX query is going through which would hit the main domain of edugeek not a cdn.
FN-GM Posted May 10, 2017 Author Posted May 10, 2017 I have made sure the addresses pass through smoothwall without any blocking etc and it still isn't working
FN-GM Posted May 10, 2017 Author Posted May 10, 2017 What? FireFox still exists? I will give it a go Cheers
ZeroHour Posted May 10, 2017 Posted May 10, 2017 What? FireFox still exists? I will give it a go Cheers Hehe its more to see if the rendering engine makes a difference, if it doesnt we can then theorise its something between your rig and our servers.
FN-GM Posted May 26, 2017 Author Posted May 26, 2017 Not had chance to try FireFox, but it is now happening on my Chrome Device. Will give FF a try. 1
ZeroHour Posted May 26, 2017 Posted May 26, 2017 What filter do you use out of interest? Firefox would be the best test for now, if it has the issue we know its something between your machine -> server.
FN-GM Posted May 26, 2017 Author Posted May 26, 2017 Smoothwall. Although I have set my machine as an exception and it still doesn't work. What is odd it doesn't do it on all machines. We have Sonicwall doing Layer 7 stuff, might turn that off next week to see if that is causing the issue,
ZeroHour Posted June 6, 2017 Posted June 6, 2017 Hey @FN-GM Just wondering if you had a chance to test this further with Firefox?
FN-GM Posted June 7, 2017 Author Posted June 7, 2017 Test to see if it works. - - - Updated - - - No it doesn't work in FireFox either. 1
ZeroHour Posted June 8, 2017 Posted June 8, 2017 I am moving some of this to an admin only area to discuss further as I will need some debug info.
FN-GM Posted August 14, 2017 Author Posted August 14, 2017 This problem is back. I can EDIT but can't "Reply with Quote" and don't have the editor. 1
ZeroHour Posted August 14, 2017 Posted August 14, 2017 This problem is back. I can EDIT but can't "Reply with Quote" and don't have the editor. Hi, Hope you had a good holiday I have disabled the ajax for Reply with Quote. I had disabled the ajax for edit but didnt spot that which is why it was triggering.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now