gshaw Posted March 6, 2008 Posted March 6, 2008 (edited) Just been asked to check this out, basically to set calendar permissions so anyone could view anyone else's calendar from the "Open Shared Calendar" button in Outlook. Obviously there's the Share wizard \ invite system but that's no good for large-scale sharing, any suggestions \ ideas? I've seen a site with a utility called SetPerm but don't really trust 3rd party tools with little documentation manipulating Exchange permissions yet it would seem to be the only way http://www.experts-exchange.com/Software/Server_Software/Email_Servers/Exchange/Q_21562955.html Seems to be the accepted solution, 15 minutes per mailbox I don't like that kinda (lack of) speed! Edited March 6, 2008 by gshaw
srochford Posted March 6, 2008 Posted March 6, 2008 I've not tried it for this, but I would have thought that pfdavadmin would be the tool you want. although it's described as Public folder, it works on mailboxes as well. It's a bit of a clunky interface but it's not too hard once you've had a play. 1
gshaw Posted March 6, 2008 Author Posted March 6, 2008 (edited) Thanks for that Steve, will check it out. Does anyone do this with users' calendars or have another solution to it. Don't really want to go down Public Folder route, seems a bit of a dead end really and although Exchange 2007 tolerates them management of permissions etc seems a bit awkward... Edited March 6, 2008 by gshaw
JamesC Posted March 7, 2008 Posted March 7, 2008 I just needed to do the same thing (set calendar permissions). I didn't want to go visit the user. Downloaded 'pfdavadmin' and it worked a treat!!!! Thanks for sharing that, id never come across it before!
JamesC Posted March 7, 2008 Posted March 7, 2008 I just found another utility to do this. Information can be found here: http://telnetport25.wordpress.com/2007/07/25/exchange-2003-change-mailbox-folders-permissions-in-bulk/ The application can be found here: http://www.fnds.net/html/downloads.html
srochford Posted March 7, 2008 Posted March 7, 2008 I just needed to do the same thing (set calendar permissions). I didn't want to go visit the user. Downloaded 'pfdavadmin' and it worked a treat!!!! Thanks for sharing that, id never come across it before! No problem :-) Can't remember how I found it but it's one of many very useful utilities which Microsoft make available. I don't quite know how you'd make a list of all of them (I'd guess some kind of wiki) but it would be pretty time consuming. It's the kind of thing I'd like to find on the MS web site.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now