DavePa Posted March 22, 2017 Posted March 22, 2017 I've been tasked with creating some new IT policies to cover: Acceptable use of the Internet (including BYOD, email, e-Safety) Acceptable use of IT equipment Social media guidelines Data Protection / GDPR This can be as many or as few policies as is required and as somebody with little to no policy writing skills I'm googling for samples as I have no intention, or indeed capability, of re-inventing the wheel. I've found a fair few good examples including these and this one but I'm sure there are plenty of others out there that I've not seen. Ideally I'm looking for a set that have been written by the same person/company so the grammatical style and presentation are the same. Out students are post 16 so I'm looking for something that reflects that we are dealing with young adults rather than primary (or even secondary) school children. What are you using?
TechMonkey Posted March 22, 2017 Posted March 22, 2017 My advice with IT equipment is to talk about function, not device. So if you are talking about taking photos with a mobile device change it to taking photos or video digitally, if you are talking about using a mobile phone to call out then just talk about making calls on a device. This helps stop you backing your self into a corner when the next Big Thing comes out and you have to scrabble to update all your policies. The same goes for Social Media but that is more obvious.
BFCIT Posted March 22, 2017 Posted March 22, 2017 I would be looking at a number of college websites to see if they have their policy documentation online.
Asgard Posted March 22, 2017 Posted March 22, 2017 I've been tasked with creating some new IT policies to cover: Acceptable use of the Internet (including BYOD, email, e-Safety) Acceptable use of IT equipment Social media guidelines Data Protection / GDPR This can be as many or as few policies as is required and as somebody with little to no policy writing skills I'm googling for samples as I have no intention, or indeed capability, of re-inventing the wheel. I've found a fair few good examples including these and this one but I'm sure there are plenty of others out there that I've not seen. Ideally I'm looking for a set that have been written by the same person/company so the grammatical style and presentation are the same. Out students are post 16 so I'm looking for something that reflects that we are dealing with young adults rather than primary (or even secondary) school children. What are you using? @DavePa have a look at ours, there by no means perfect but pointers were taken from Janet/Jisc http://itservices.bsfc.ac.uk/itpolicies John Paul
pcstru Posted March 23, 2017 Posted March 23, 2017 Kent have some good templates for eSafety, Scoial Media and AUP. They also have a draft DP policy for schools. LSE and other Uni/Colleges tend to have good policy and guidance for Data Protection, searching for the uni name and DP will find them.
DavePa Posted March 23, 2017 Author Posted March 23, 2017 I would be looking at a number of college websites to see if they have their policy documentation online. Many of them do and they are very good indeed - but unless they say "Can be freely copied and used by your college" or something similar I'm hesitant to use them... @DavePa have a look at ours, there by no means perfect but pointers were taken from Janet/Jisc itpolicies John Paul ...unless I'm invited to Thanks, @Asgard, I'll have a gander
TechMonkey Posted March 23, 2017 Posted March 23, 2017 Many of them do and they are very good indeed - but unless they say "Can be freely copied and used by your college" or something similar I'm hesitant to use them... ...unless I'm invited to Thanks, @Asgard, I'll have a gander I think it is fine to look at them and take bits to adjust to your needs. I wouldn't recommend lifting any policy wholesale as it may not be suitable for your particular setting and much better to have something tailored.
elsiegee40 Posted March 23, 2017 Posted March 23, 2017 (edited) My first port of call would be Kent's esafety page maintained by @esafety_officer These templates are nationally recognised http://www.kelsi.org.uk/child-protection-and-safeguarding/e-safety Thread moved to policies forum Edited March 23, 2017 by elsiegee40
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now