Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted
I have Windows Server 2003 and im having problems Deleting User Profiles at log off and also How do i get The software package to Install itself when Computers Switch on and How can i make Office a .msi and also Adobe Cs3 package a .msi many Thanks Steven.
Posted

There's a whole bunch of Group Policy settings pertaining to User Profiles, though I can't remember where they are... I have issues using those, so I get delprof to removing roaming profiles when computers startup.

 

For a software package to install at startup... you need either an application which can install silently, or an MSI for that app.

 

The former can be done as a startup script using a batch file or whatever, the latter may need a bit of tweaking the MSI to make it install silently, there are a few guides and questions about it around here, and on appdeploy.com which is a very handy site.

 

Office 2003 and 2007 at the least both come with a properly formed MSI. You'll need to get hold of the OCW (Office Customisation Wizard) which will help you make it how you want it, the license key, which programs you do/don't want etc etc.

 

Adobe CS3 is a nightmare and I've only bothered wasting my time using the basic, Silent Install method.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...