JRA Posted January 23, 2017 Posted January 23, 2017 Hello all - trying to make all this brief. Pretty much just want to lock down Chromebooks so that the kids get no access to anything with regards to settings (changing wifi network etc,) have a desktop wallpaper and avatar/profile picture enforced with no ability to change it, can only log on on-site, and effectively just open chrome and gmail. We're a GAFE school with gmail which I've inherited. It seems to work fine for the most part but I detest completely the 'Google experience' vibe that goes with it all; I'm old-fashioned in that I don't want freedom and expression and creativity and collaboration and clouds and fairies, I want tight policies and locking down and kids not fiddling with anything! Anyone have anything similar to what I want above? I've tried setting anything relevant in Apps Console > Device Management > Chrome > User/Device settings but not winning on the above. Thanks any and everyone.
fiza Posted January 23, 2017 Posted January 23, 2017 What are you trying to achieve? We have the following in the URL blacklist for students. googleadservices.com doubleclick.net https://accounts.google.com/AccountChooser https://accounts.google.com/AddSession chrome://settings-frame */html/crosh.html chrome://settings-frame chrome://settings chrome://history chrome://history-frame chrome-extension://pnhechapfaindjhompbnflcldabbghjo/html/crosh.html chrome://settings/clearBrowserData-frame chrome://plugins chrome://flags https://accounts.google.com/AccountChooser https://accounts.google.com/AddSession https://accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin?elo=1 https://accounts.google.com/Logout https://accounts.google.com/ServiceLoginAuth https://accounts.google.com/SignUp https://accounts.google.com/SignOutOptions search.yahoo.com Bing duckduckgo.com dogpile.com/search ixquick.com As for just allowing them to log in on-site. We don't do that and why would you not want them to login from home? If your school are using Google Classroom for homework then they need to be able to login from anywhere. 2
JRA Posted January 23, 2017 Author Posted January 23, 2017 (edited) What are you trying to achieve? We have the following in the URL blacklist for students. As for just allowing them to log in on-site. We don't do that and why would you not want them to login from home? If your school are using Google Classroom for homework then they need to be able to login from anywhere. Cheers for all that - I'll add those in. I'm trying to lock the things down so hard they are forced to connect to and use just one wifi network and proxy which they can't change, have a profile picture and wallpaper set for them that they can't change, skip any and all of the MANY Google feature exploration presentation shows that happen before you actually get anywhere with a chromebook, and not change their usernames to "Spicy Spicy" all the time with pictures of Ainsley Harriott all over them. In short, I need them to log in, open Chrome and use Google drive and that's their lot. They also won't be taking them off site. At least not yet. Edited January 23, 2017 by JRA
SpaceInvader83 Posted January 23, 2017 Posted January 23, 2017 Kisok mode might be worth looking into, that's what we use for our bank of chromebooks: https://support.google.com/chromebook/answer/3134673?hl=en-GB 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now