JRA Posted November 14, 2016 Posted November 14, 2016 Hi Linux ppl, I have a quandry. Attached a section from smb.conf and the permissions that actually appear when a user makes a new folder. Users aren't getting the permissions on folders that smb.conf's create mask should give. Anywhere good to check? I've head disabling PAM restrictions fixes this, but what are the implications fo doing so (if that even IS the fix?) I'm all muddled and stuff and very grateful for any help!
JRA Posted November 21, 2016 Author Posted November 21, 2016 Well, dunno if I nailed it just yet but applied force create directory and file options in smb.conf for that share. We'll see...
Jamo Posted December 3, 2016 Posted December 3, 2016 Check https://www.samba.org/samba/docs/man/manpages-3/smb.conf.5.html the create mask is bitwise and'ed to the normal permissions a user would have. It looks as though you already found the one you would want to use here which is the force options you mentioned. The other option is to use extended posix ACLs, checkout the getfacl and setfacl commands, they can setup a default user and group to be applied to a directory or file, and also provide recursive permissions (default permissions in POSIX) if done correctly. 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now