Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi,

 

Sorry that this is a bit vague, and I'm not sure if this would even be the right place to ask, but I'm giving it a shot.

I'm a Tech for a Middle School, and I've been presented the challenge of finding a way to get Language Teachers more involved in technology. So, yes, that is vague, and that is also why I am posting for help. I am not a certified teacher, nor have I ever been, but because I am the IT person, and technology was mentioned, my input is required. I guess the main point is we should have world language teachers (spanish, french, etc) going to the computer lab more often or maybe cracking open some chromebooks. But again, I'm at a loss. I know how to make stuff work, I don't know how to provide instructional tools.

This is a two part question. 1) Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I could possibly suggest? 2) How do you deal with these requests? I believe there is confusion that my role here is not only the IT person, but also an instructional coordinator.

 

Any help is greatly appreciated.

 

Thanks,

242

Posted
The fact that you mention having access to Chromebooks suggests that you would also have access to Google Classroom. You could suggest that they share existing material with the class through this medium, allowing the staff to get used to using technology with material that is familiar to them. Show them the power of collaborating on Google Slides files (both teachers and students) and the benefit of being to access files from any location (of course if you have an existing remote access solution this may not be much of a carrot to dangle). If you are looking for some ready built resources I can recommend Linguascope - it has an annual license cost, but seems to be well worth it according to the wife (a French teacher). For a free resource, have a look at Kahoot - our MFL department use it and the kids love the competitive nature of it, although other departments can use it too as it isn't subject specific.
Posted
Nice! Thank you. Yes, we have GAFE, and the teachers have had multiple PD sessions for Classroom. It just doesn't catch on with everyone, but there is some pressure to keep pushing it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...