Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Help needed with Equitrac Express 5.4


Recommended Posts

Posted

Hello all,

 

If anyone can help/point me in a good direction for some issues we are having with Equitrac or rather some gaps in knowledge as well. I would really appreciate it seriously I will buy you some socks or a pint at BETT as I have found Ricoh to about as much use as a chocolate tea-pot

 

Setup:

We have Equitrac Express 5.4 running on our server

4 Ricoh copiers

Follow-You/Everyone print system

We use PINs for our students and PINS for our staff but hoping to program cards

 

Issues/Advice:

​- Some users have duplicated Primary PIN Numbers, why is this?

- Some users have full balance but cannot print as they have exceeded their balance????

- Issue with printing from iPads reporting incorrect username/password even though it is correct. Typing the password in slowly seems to work around

- Missing print when sent to Follow-You system, how to setup the retention as I think it is only 1 day?

- Users printing but nothing coming off of their balance

- I changed the system so it would release jobs as soon as a user logins into the copier but it just says the copier cannot contact the server and keeps reconnecting disconnecting

- Instruction on how to setup our keycards to release print for our staff

 

Thanks all

Posted

How are your card readers attached? our system uses the card serial no as the pin number.

 

Have a look at colour quota, this may be whats stopping your printing even if you have balance for the user.

 

It sounds like you may need to look at what you have set for user, billing code & department balances and charging... If they are not set the way you need you get printing not charged etc.

Posted
How are your card readers attached? our system uses the card serial no as the pin number.

 

Have a look at colour quota, this may be whats stopping your printing even if you have balance for the user.

 

It sounds like you may need to look at what you have set for user, billing code & department balances and charging... If they are not set the way you need you get printing not charged etc.

 

Thanks robk.

 

They are connected via USB, my card was programmed and I am able to use the card and a 4 digit PIN.

 

I have looked under color quota and its not enabled; I assume this should be enabled?

Posted
No colour quota should not be enabled unless you want to use it. guessing you are using card and PIN? If so I can't remember if its primary pin or secondary in equitrac which is the card. Ours are set up for AD logon or card, pin number being the card number.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...