Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hello all,

I have two issues that may be related. The end goal is to setup IP virtualization for the RDS clients so I have better logging and correct user level web filter.

The RDS server is in the servers vlan, so I connected another adapter and gave it an ip and vlan configuration for the student vlan with dhcp etc.

 

I tried using GPO to configure this but it did not work. Do I need to set the specific network adapter ip address and mask in the GPO for just the network ID?

That is adapter IP = 10.0.75.20 255.255.255.0

 

Do I enter 10.0.75.20/24 or 10.0.75.0/24 ?

I ask because I have two servers and if I need to enter the specific IP I cannot use a OU level GPO it would have to be local.

 

The clients still connect to the IP in the server vlan.

 

I tried powershell, however the configuration provider in powershell for RDS is blank.

 

RDSBlank.PNG

 

Any advice on configuring this?

 

Thank you,

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...