Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hey peeps,

 

I'm going to take the MCDST test over the Vista based one currently - on the grounds that we use XP, not Vista and will for a little while...

 

 

However, I have been wondering, is the test updated for Office 2003 and Internet Explorer 7? I used a friends practice tests and failed poorly in the second exam due to superiorly lacking knowledge of Internet Explorer 6 and Office XP

Posted

Lithium - to the best of my knowledge, it is still IE6 that is included in the exam. As for the Office part, I'm not sure which practise test you have been using but the DST has never covered Office XP - it's been 2003 from day one.

 

Best advice I can give you is to go through every menu in the major office apps and IE6/7 and get to know what options are available. Know how to customise toolbars, where things are in the Options menus, etc. Also, take a look at Techexams.net as they have some good resources for the MS exams.

 

Also, I'm teaching a DST course at the end of the month, so if I remember, I'll check with the students after they sit the exams as to whether there were any IE7 questions in there.

 

Regards,

 

Rob Cowan.

  • Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...