nelliott Posted June 24, 2015 Posted June 24, 2015 I am after some help/inspiration as I'm starting to run out of ideas! I have got a student who's mailbox is hosted on Office 365, they are able to send emails successfully, however, they fail to receive them, I have check in the Exchange mail flow logs and can see nothing even trying to enter his mailbox even when I have sent test messages. Any ideas and inspiration would be much appreciated!
Marshall_IT Posted June 24, 2015 Posted June 24, 2015 Double check the licenses assigned. check under exchange and mailbox option for which email address they have, I've sometimes had it where they only get the onmicrosoft one, check also the spelling on the custom domain, I've had issues where the pun was wrong in ad which made the email address wrong too. I've had success on fixing mailboxes by removing the exchange license then putting it back on leaving a couple of minutes to ensure the changes apply across their servers.
Liam Posted June 24, 2015 Posted June 24, 2015 Any mail flow rules in place ? Is this just one single user having issues. Is this account sync with ad? Have you competed attributes with a working account.
nelliott Posted June 24, 2015 Author Posted June 24, 2015 Thanks for your help @Marshall_IT, tried to no avail! Hi @Liam, we have no mail flow rules in place which block only one which adds a disclaimer, the student is the only user to have 'reported' issues. Yes accounts are created in Office 365 via ADFS, have compared to a working account and it all seems fine.
Liam Posted June 24, 2015 Posted June 24, 2015 The user hasn't setup their own mail rules have they at user level ? I assume you are all using the same domain for mail delivery. DNS etc all working as expected? Have you tried disabling your mail flow rule just in case . Got to admit, never seen this for one user. How about disassociating the account from ad and recreating it. Or is there existing mail in the mailbox. ? I quite enjoy troubleshooting things like this. No better satisfaction than when you crack it
nelliott Posted June 24, 2015 Author Posted June 24, 2015 Not sure will have a look at the end-user level in the morning, just wanted to check it wasn't something silly on the back-end. All mail is running on the same domain and we don't seem to be experienceing any DNS issues. I have tried disabling the mail rules to no affect. Don't really want to lose the data in the mailbox if it can be helped.
Liam Posted June 24, 2015 Posted June 24, 2015 Ah, You haven't got multiple upns or something. When you send email from the account is it received as expected. If you say you have check mail flow troubleshooting then it's unlikely to be client . Id start by confirming that no other users are having issues. Other than that, good luck lol
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now