Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted
We have some files that are corrupting on our file server and I want to test if this is down to de-duplication so I have added some file extensions to be excluded from the de-dup process, but I want to see if by turning off de-duplication it allows me to access these files again. It seems that a user is able to open the file initially but then after closing it and opening it again, it causes some problem. I want to turn off De-duplication on these files so hopefully they can be done before staff access them, but I'm assuming in order to do this I need to turn off de-dup for the whole drive (which I don't have space for)?
Posted

If you copy them to another drive will they work. Copying files to a non dedupe drive will remove the de dupe.

If that works then when you put them back they will be excluded from de dupeing again

  • Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...