dcsdne Posted March 23, 2015 Posted March 23, 2015 So I have a plan that in theory is supposed to work. Site A, B and C are setup with the proper IP Helper address. All three sites pull DHCP from their respect Scopes. However I start to see clients at Site A pulling DHCP from the Scope for Site B and C. I've attached an image. Thank you for any feedback. [ATTACH=CONFIG]29829[/ATTACH]
FN-GM Posted March 23, 2015 Posted March 23, 2015 You will do if they are on the same VLAN ID. Change the VLAN id so they are different. 1
dcsdne Posted March 23, 2015 Author Posted March 23, 2015 THought that might be the case. My issue is i'm trying to use this as a way to centrally manage DHCP for our Chromebook Wireless Network. We run Ruckus so my next idea is to create a WLAN at each site dynamically assigned a particular VLAN ie 801,802,803... Then I would need to deploy said SSID to AP groups. I will probably just stick with distributed DHCP servers.
FN-GM Posted March 23, 2015 Posted March 23, 2015 (edited) We use Ruckus, manage is centrally but have different VLAN ID for each site. Put the AP's in a AP group. Then you have a WLAN group. You then specify the VLAN ID per group. It doesn't take long to set it up. Edited March 23, 2015 by FN-GM 1
dcsdne Posted March 23, 2015 Author Posted March 23, 2015 Awesome Sauce. I have seen that for 4 years and it never dawned on me. You Rock!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now