rayb Posted March 12, 2015 Posted March 12, 2015 I've just had an enquiry to edit and put a video file onto DVD from a lady. She has no computer and is not technically aware. I know nothing about iphones but I thought maybe if she installed something like dropbox, she could then send me the file. Is it that easy or is there an easier way? I have suggested she find a smart teenager. I don't want to get too involved in supporting her because of my limited iphone knowledge.
elsiegee40 Posted March 12, 2015 Posted March 12, 2015 (edited) Does she have email? Is it too big for an attachment? You can put the video clip in pretty much any app that takes them and pick it up if you have the same app. Facebook messenger, iMessage, whatsapp, etc. You can then pick it up on your phone/tablet and do with it what you will. Dropbox will certainly work, but it may be easier to get her to use wn app she already has and is familar with, then you can do the rest. Edited March 12, 2015 by elsiegee40 1
rayb Posted March 12, 2015 Author Posted March 12, 2015 Facebook messenger might be the simplest solution. I'll see what she says. Thanks.
BFCIT Posted March 12, 2015 Posted March 12, 2015 The easiest way in my opinion would be for her to bring in her iphone usb lead and copy and paste the video file onto your storage? 1
elsiegee40 Posted March 12, 2015 Posted March 12, 2015 The easiest way in my opinion would be for her to bring in her iphone usb lead and copy and paste the video file onto your storage? Iphones don't work like that. You can't treat them like a memory stick
rayb Posted March 12, 2015 Author Posted March 12, 2015 The easiest way in my opinion would be for her to bring in her iphone usb lead and copy and paste the video file onto your storage? Too far away unfortunately.
rayb Posted March 12, 2015 Author Posted March 12, 2015 Iphones don't work like that. You can't treat them like a memory stick Is bluetooth a viable option?
BFCIT Posted March 12, 2015 Posted March 12, 2015 with any iphone I have had and still have I am able to drill into the DCIM folder and copy and paste videos, same applies to iPads?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now