Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hello, I need help on reactivating windows 8 on my Samsung Ativ Book 9 Lite.

I installed Ubuntu on my laptop and accidentally removing all the partitions on my laptop's drive.

Now, I want to reinstall windows 8 but I encountered problem on activating the Win8.

 

I am seeing an error message that my product key which was embedded in the laptop can not be used to activate Windows 8. I have downloaded many version of windows 8 but none of these works.

 

Looking forward for your help. Thanks!

Posted
Make sure you are installing the version of Windows that came on the device. Note that Windows 8 OEM keys will not activate Windows 8.1 you will need to rebuild to 8 and then upgrade via the store. There is a program out there that matches the key stored in the BIOS to an OEM key but not sure of the legality of it so I wont post it here. If all else fails give Microsoft a call.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...