Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi all

 

On the Ruckus controllers, can I just plug the second port into another switch port to add redundancy to the system please? Or do I have to do something in Ruckus please?

 

Thanks

Posted

What if the switch your plugged into fails? If i can do this it means i can plug into 2 switches in the stack... Just incase!

 

We have 3000 series controller

Posted (edited)
I see your point but if the switch fails chances are you'll have much bigger issues to worry about...

 

Everything else is split between switches in the stack, so if it does fail nothing else will go down. We have 2 controllers as well, but if we can use this port, might as well! Costs nothing than a little time. In the remote chance a Switch and controller fails (power going stupid or whatever) the chances of us keeping us running are increased.

 

I don't think it was expensive really. Cisco is expensive and not as good.

Edited by FN-GM

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...