TheGoodGuy Posted January 31, 2014 Posted January 31, 2014 Is there anything within SIMS to allow the password to have to be reentered after a certain amount of time of inactivity in sims? It would be nice if there was the ability to set lockout times for different members of staff, so stored as a variable. I am probably just being hopeful here but I thought I would ask.
vikpaw Posted February 1, 2014 Posted February 1, 2014 Not really but it has been raised a few times. Options are to set an overall lock on the PC or there was a little service that someone wrote that would just kill the process after a fixed time. Not sure where it is, I'm sure it was on a thread here a year or so ago.
TheGoodGuy Posted February 6, 2014 Author Posted February 6, 2014 Probably would be quicker to write my own program that can encapsulate SIMS.
vikpaw Posted February 11, 2014 Posted February 11, 2014 Maybe, but why re-invent the wheel? Check this thread out http://www.edugeek.net/forums/mis-systems/81825-sims-net-timeout.html I never managed to play with it, but maybe you could use / modify it... 2
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now