EN4CER Posted September 25, 2013 Posted September 25, 2013 This is a strange one. Win2k svr, running a grp policy to disable Task Manager. Some of the XP clients are not showing the Task Manager when logged on as either local or domain Admin!! I enabled Task Manager on a local client to check, but still no joy. Can anyone suggest a fix.? I need to access task manager on several machines to kill some processes, whilst upgrading some software. Your help is greatly appreciated. ENNY
ADMaster Posted September 26, 2013 Posted September 26, 2013 I've not tested this my self but if you apply a user policy at the domain level I think it will apply to the Administrator too. Try applying your user policies on user OU's Just remember LSDOU
free780 Posted September 26, 2013 Posted September 26, 2013 Or you enable loopback processing, to enable a gp setting on a ou of computers. Strictly speaking gpos with user settings should be applied to a ou with users or use the security filtering to just apply to a certain group.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now