bonedog73 Posted September 23, 2013 Posted September 23, 2013 We deploy LanSchool in our labs and have currently been using Altiris to do this but we're moving to SCCM 2012 and I'm trying to figure out the best way to do this. In Altiris we pushdown the lan school student.msi to the local machine and then run this command - cd c:\download\lanschool Msiexec.exe /i student.msi /qn ADVANCED_OPTIONS=1 CHANNEL=1000 We have this one job and just change the Channel for the particular lab we push to, that way the lab manager can control just those machines on that channel. I'm not sure how to do this in SCCM 2012 I can create an application to push and install for one lab, but how for all the other labs, am I going to need to make separate application installs for each lab channel I want to set?? Thanks, bonedog
free780 Posted September 24, 2013 Posted September 24, 2013 Or create a package with multiple programs.
deano Posted September 24, 2013 Posted September 24, 2013 (edited) Deploy the msi via SCCM and then use the adm templates that come with LanSchool to set the options Edited September 24, 2013 by deano
timtom Posted September 30, 2013 Posted September 30, 2013 We also use SCCM for the msi and then the adm templates depending on OU container. It's the same 'channel' settings regardless of teacher or student msi. But - when we were on CC3 I used to use Orca and there is a property field where you can enter the channel. It resulted in loads of packages for each different student+channel version but if you don't have OU's setup it's an easy way round it
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now