timtom Posted June 24, 2013 Posted June 24, 2013 Hi All, I hope someone can help I'm looking to move a number of users from one server to another. At the moment they pick up their homedirectory (to which their my documents point to) from the Active Directory field for map a home drive. Simple enough! Unfortunately when I change that I need to wipe/reset their profile for it to pick up the changes - otherwise their 'N' drive still points to the old location. I'd rather not have to wipe all their profiles - does anyone know a way to force an update? Thankyou
peterpan Posted June 26, 2013 Posted June 26, 2013 have you tried removing all shared drives in a log on script? but it does sound like you need to run gpupdate/force
FN-GM Posted June 26, 2013 Posted June 26, 2013 @peterpan home drives are not mapped by group policy. It should work. I changed ours recently and didnt need to do anything special. 1
timtom Posted July 8, 2013 Author Posted July 8, 2013 Sorry to drag this up but it was a classic 'duuur' moment for me. I wasn't being patient enough and the change hadn't replicated to our other DC's yet.... so all working as intended, just give it a minute before you login
ADMaster Posted July 8, 2013 Posted July 8, 2013 @timtom If you've not done so yet, now is a good time to setup DFS Distributed File System I am currently copying the student drives to a different server, and once it's done I'll just update the server target in DFS. The path stays the same to the end user, no need to update it in AD. 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now