radiofreeearth Posted August 16, 2007 Posted August 16, 2007 Hi all, I have volunteered to help create a new website for our school's concert/marching/jazz bands and ensembles. My background is in mainframe/midrange computer programming (dinosaur languages), CFM/Windows and HTML. However, I'm starting to 'get' how Joomla works and find it to be an awesome platform for what I do (I also do animal welfare related websites pro bono). Unfortunately, I've not been able to find a template that suites our school band's needs that is either free or less than $50 (I'm committed to donate up to that amount for a good pack). The elements (components/modules) that I would like to have available at the site include: Menus (Horizontal drop down and vertical) Blog News FAQs/Information (docs primarily coming from Word copied into Joomla database) Sections for each type of band with links to related info Galleries by Year/Category/Event (images) Gallery by Year/Category/Event (videos) Fundraising (with option to create an online store in the future) Calendar with mini/upcoming events options Forums (with different forums available to users based upon their security level) Links (offsite info related to specific and non-specific band activities) User-list mass mail lists User level security In the future we may want to post: TIF/pdfs of the marching formations Audio files of the music I have been working on this using a couple of basic free templates on Joomla so far and have added some modules/components for Calendaring an Menuing, but I have not been happy with the visual or functional results and would really appreciate any assistance. You can see what I've been doing so far at http://bands.dremelfamily.com and the original site is at http://www.eisenhowerbands.org/ If you have a free or low-cost template/mods/coms you think would work for our site, please advise. And, if you know of any Joomla! Bands (marching/concert/jazz) resources, I'd appreciate that info, too. Sandi WI, USA
radiofreeearth Posted August 16, 2007 Author Posted August 16, 2007 I am already set to use Joomla! and have learned to do a lot with it, but need to find templates/mods/coms that will address the site's needs.
Quackers Posted August 16, 2007 Posted August 16, 2007 I am already set to use Joomla! and have learned to do a lot with it, but need to find templates/mods/coms that will address the site's needs. Sorry :oops: think i'd had to much to drink when i responded and did not read it all correctly
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now