Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

I'm looking into this presently but wondered how I can setup the LTSP? Our own network runs on 192.168.0.x/21 and I already have a DHCP server running for the windows machines. How can I set this up so that the LTSP bootp doesn't affect it? Also reading some of the LTSP docs it states I have to create a boot image for it using Zimage I'm really a complete novice to ubuntu how do I do this?

 

 

Wes

Posted

The Edubuntu server's designed to run with a pair of NICs, one connecting out to the rest of your network and the real world, the other handling the thin clients, although you can run it on a single card.

Whilst the default for the thin client side is 192.168.0.x, you can edit the DHCP file on the Edubuntu server to provide the thin clients with addresses on another subnet, See http://www.edubuntu.org/GettingStarted

Posted

Not if (and I think this is the default behaviour) it only serves DHCP requests for the thin client side of the network.

This is what happened out of the box for us at any rate.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...