caffrey Posted May 23, 2013 Posted May 23, 2013 Is there any way of mass unchecking "Require a change of password in the next sign in" for users ? I've just got password syncing working and I don't need them to change it, I've just realised that the GADS tool has under \user accounts\Additional User Attributes\Force New Users to change password has this checked by default. I tried unchecking and resyncing but it didn't work and I don't fancy going through 400 odd user accounts to uncheck it!
pcstru Posted May 23, 2013 Posted May 23, 2013 How about : If the accounts haven't logged in, delete them from the google control panel and allow sync to recreate them without that option checked. 1
caffrey Posted May 23, 2013 Author Posted May 23, 2013 (edited) Sounds good, seems a bit excessive though (Oh and I've all the users in subfolders)... Edited May 23, 2013 by caffrey
CyberNerd Posted May 23, 2013 Posted May 23, 2013 I suspect you can do this en masse through GAM. https://code.google.com/p/google-apps-manager/wiki/ 2
caffrey Posted May 23, 2013 Author Posted May 23, 2013 (edited) I've looked at gam, all I want to do is reverse a check box, is it really that hard (come back Microsoft all is forgiven....)? Apparently it is, was on the phone to google support and they didn't know either.... I made a few suggestions to them to change the user interface too which are being taken into consideration to make it slightly less confusing when deleting OU's. (well to me anyway) gam did the trick gam print users > text.txt edit the text in excel and create extra columns (gam update user [email protected] changepassword off) save as csv, rename as bat (replace commas with spaces) then run batch file you could do a batch file with input but this was just as quick. Seems to be working ok Edited May 23, 2013 by caffrey 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now