Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Ok, morning all

 

So, I took the (some would say) fool hardy approach and installed Windows Live Essentials 2012 (the school uses Movie Maker quite a lot for evidencing of different projects). Now it will only work on certain machines, namely those that recognise that DirectX 11 is actually installed in the DDI Display settings (found by running dxdiag from command or run).

 

This means that most of our machines though don't work, because they're showing DDI 9ex in the DDI Display section, even though the initial tab shows that it's DirectX 11 that is installed.

 

I was really hoping (as I can't for the life of me find anything out there) that someone might have come across this before and can point me in the right direction of getting it sorted.

 

I have tried removing WL2012 and reinstalling it with WL2011, but it won't let me install 2011 now. GAH!

 

Thanks in advance

Andy T :-)

Posted (edited)

Verify the graphics card can actually do DX10/11.

Update the graphics card drivers.

Update the Monitor Drivers (sometimes reverting to the Standard PnP Monitor driver works too)

 

For me, it was the monitor driver causing the problem (the EDID info was corrupt)

Edited by Geoff
  • Thanks 1
Posted

Yeah, tried the reverting to PnP ones..

 

the strange thing is it did work briefly after deploying the new images that I created with all the proper (and updated) drives injected, but then one by one, the older machines stopped letting it run.

Posted

I think the ones that aren't running it probably can't (intel g33/g31 express chipset family)

 

I'm going to buy a DirectX 11 Compatible Card to see if that solves the issue, and if so, the school will have to order enough for each machine basically.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...