comps Posted February 26, 2015 Posted February 26, 2015 When one of our users opens Outlook 2010 they receive the message: "Cannot open your default email folder. There is not enough memory to perform the operation.", after which Outlook then closes. I can replicate the issue on several computers around the site, but only with this particular used logged on. We are running Exchange 2013 on the back-end. The user can login and use to OWA without any issues. After extensively browsing Google results, I have tried resetting the user's Windows and MAPI profiles, and deleting PST files to no avail. I have tried disabling cached mode and offline use in the Outlook Data Files Settings dialogue, but no change when Outlook starts. I followed a suggestion from a MS KB article (https://support.microsoft.com/kb/2329201/en-gb?wa=wsignin1.0) to increase the size of the memory heap using MFCMAPI but when I load the profile after opening the session I get the following message: Error: Code: MAPI_E_NOT_ENOUGH_MEMORY == 0x8007000E Function CallOpenMsgStore( lpMAPISession, (ULONG_PTR)m_hWnd, lpEntryID, ulFlags, (LPMDB*) lppMAPIProp) File MainDlg.cpp Line 354 Looking at EAC we don't have any public folders setup, but a couple of forum threads have said this may be an issue to do with too many public folders or a really large email attachment (we have a 10MB limit though). Windows Event Viewer on the client PC doesn't have any errors that relate to this outlook problem. Is there anyway I can try and prove one of the above with out systematically deleting everything from the user's mailbox?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now