fiza Posted December 11, 2013 Posted December 11, 2013 I have some Surface RT devices and Asus Transformers. Neither can join the domain but I would like to map network drives. Mapping the drives requires the user to input a username and password to authenticate. I have used a batch file but this doesnt hide the password as it is typed. I was hoping someone may have a vb script that would allow this?
Steve21 Posted December 11, 2013 Posted December 11, 2013 Is this a manual add, or automated? Just from your "as it's typed comment" Steve
fiza Posted December 11, 2013 Author Posted December 11, 2013 Is this a manual add, or automated? Just from your "as it's typed comment" Steve Manual - I want the user to login to the Surface and then click on a VB Script to run it to map the drives. Like I said I have a batch script that does this but the password is in clear text which is not ideal.
Steve21 Posted December 11, 2013 Posted December 11, 2013 If you use batch file with net use: it'll hide the password by default, unless you really want vbscript? Steve
fiza Posted December 11, 2013 Author Posted December 11, 2013 @Steve21 - Not too hot on scripts but this is what I currently have. When the user types the password it is shown on screen. set /p User=Enter your three letter logon ID: CLS set /p Password=Enter the password you normally logon with: CLS NET USE P: "\\server\share1" /user:domain\%User% %Password% NET USE I: "\\server\share2" /user:domain\%User% %Password%
Steve21 Posted December 11, 2013 Posted December 11, 2013 If you don't ask it to take a password it'll automatically ask you for one, and hide the input. net use Z: \\netadmin-sd1\c$ /user:"domain"\sdrew The password is invalid for \\netadmin-sd1\c$. Enter the password for '"domain"\sdrew' to connect to 'netadmin-sd1': System error 1326 has occurred. Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password. Obviously wont work as I cba to put password in, but it doesn't show what I typed Would mean you have to type it twice, if you're doing two at once though Steve 1
fiza Posted December 11, 2013 Author Posted December 11, 2013 If you don't ask it to take a password it'll automatically ask you for one, and hide the input. net use Z: \\netadmin-sd1\c$ /user:"domain"\sdrew The password is invalid for \\netadmin-sd1\c$. Enter the password for '"domain"\sdrew' to connect to 'netadmin-sd1': System error 1326 has occurred. Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password. Obviously wont work as I cba to put password in, but it doesn't show what I typed Would mean you have to type it twice, if you're doing two at once though Steve Thats done it!!! Thanks. User will have to type it twice.
sted Posted December 11, 2013 Posted December 11, 2013 i have a script on here that works. p.s. forget vbs on rt its crippled to the point of uselessness echo off rem mapdrive prompt v3 20-09-13 net use r: /delete net use u: /delete net use v: /delete set /p str=Enter Username: rem echo %str% set str2=%str:~0,1% rem echo %str2% rem echo %stra% rem decide what year group by first character if %str2%==1 goto equals1 if %str2%==2 goto equals2 if %str2%==3 goto equals3 if %str2%==4 goto equals4 if %str2%==5 goto equals5 if %str2%==6 goto equals6 if %str2%==7 goto equals7 if %str2%==8 goto equals8 if %str2%==9 goto equals9 if %str2%==0 goto equals0 rem echo not 0-9 so presumably staff net use u: \\server\users$\staff\%str% /user:%str% * net use r: \\server\resources$ net use v: \\server\users$ rem echo %mapu% goto end :equals1 net use u: \\server\users$\2011\%str% /user:%str% * net use r: \\server\resources$ goto end :equals2 net use u: \\server\users$\2012\%str% /user:%str% * net use r: \\server\resources$ goto end :equals3 net use u: \\server\users$\2013\%str% /user:%str% * net use r: \\server\resources$ goto end :equals4 net use u: \\server\users$\2014\%str% /user:%str% * net use r: \\server\resources$ goto end :equals5 net use u: \\server\users$\2015\%str% /user:%str% * net use r: \\server\resources$ goto end :equals6 net use u: \\server\users$\2006\%str% /user:%str% * net use r: \\server\resources$ goto end :equals7 net use u: \\server\users$\2007\%str% /user:%str% * net use r: \\server\resources$ goto end :equals8 net use u: \\server\users$\2008\%str% /user:%str% * net use r: \\server\resources$ goto end :equals9 net use u: \\server\users$\2009\%str% /user:%str% * net use r: \\server\resources$ goto end :equals0 net use u: \\server\users$\2010\%str% /user:%str% * net use r: \\server\resources$ goto end :end pause
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now