+ Post New Thread
Windows 8 Thread, Dell Latitude 10 Tablet Wifi Issue in Technical; Hi There, We have just bought some Dell Latitude 10 Tablets for our PE department to use. They're running Windows ...

Thank Post

Dell Latitude 10 Tablet Wifi Issue

Hi There,

We have just bought some Dell Latitude 10 Tablets for our PE department to use. They're running Windows 8.1 and we've set them up on the network and they're working great. However I'm having an issue with the Wifi...

It seems that when the tablet goes to sleep after a user has logged off, the the network card seems to disconnect form the wireless, then when a user tries to login, they cant because its not connected. The only way to connect them back up is by logging in as a local admin and disable-enable the adaptor. We are running some group policies on the tablets, it may be a setting in there, but I've looked through and cant seem to find anything! They seem to be fine if they're not joined to the domain.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thank Post
    I am having the same issue. We bought 9 of these tablets last year, 8 for the science department to use and one for me to run around with. Its great, when it works. Anytime I need to shutdown I get the evil red x that can only be cured through a disable/enable. Now the science department is complaining about it so I will need to work on it today. I think it might have gotten worse when I upgraded them to 8.1 from 8.

Thank Post
    Are you using Sophos? I removed the Sophos and that seems to have solved the issue.. there must be a setting or feature that's disabling the network card. give that a try! If not, are you using any other any other antivirus?
    Hopefully this helps!!

4. Thanks to Heatwave from:

AVMan86 (28th April 2014)

Thank Post
    Thank you thank you thank you!
    On my tablet I uninstalled Sophos and restarted and the network stayed up, than on the student tablets where the network was showing the red x I uninstalled Sophos and reboot and the network came back!
    Now I need to figure out why so that Sophos can go back on there, or I might just throw Security Essentials on there and call it a day.
    The UK has given me so much lately with Top Gear, Dr. Who and now computer miracles!

Thank Post
    Great Stuff!! Glad to have helped. Let me know how you get on with finding a fix for Sophos or an antivirus that works

Thank Post
    After a bit of experimenting, I reinstalled Sophos, set two services to manual and it seems to be happy after a couple of reboots. They are "Sophos Web Intelligence Service" and "Sophos Web Intelligence Update", my theory being is they are messing with the network drivers somehow to scan. In this case I don't think I'll need this functionality on these tablets so I'll leave it disabled and hope for the best!

Edit: Nevermind, Sophos still killed the network. According to Microsoft "In Windows 8.1 and Windows RT 8.1, Windows Defender provides the same level of protection against malware as Microsoft Security Essentials." so I uninstalled Sophos and made sure defender was up to date.
    Last edited by AVMan86; 30th April 2014 at 04:09 PM. Reason: More Info

Thank Post
    Another fix I found was a Startup script to reset the network adapter. Not ideal I know but it works

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread