Geoff Posted September 13, 2007 Posted September 13, 2007 My VB Scripts are getting more and more complex. As such they taking longer to write and debug. It also seems like I'm not the only one with these problems. So has anyone come across and VBScript IDE with integrated debugging? It should have all the usual features I'd expect from an IDE such as syntax highlighting and completion plus integrated debugging with single step and variable inspection.
contink Posted September 13, 2007 Posted September 13, 2007 No recommendations on this myself but you've encouraged me to go looking so here's what I've found so far: http://www.primalscript.com/Editions/Professional/index.asp This one looks promising (ie: cheaper and easier to use) http://www.vbsedit.com/ ... and another for good luck http://www.script-debugger.com/products/scrdebugger/debugwsh.asp I think I'll take a crack at vbsedit first when I get a chance but hopefully this is a start.
Ric_ Posted September 13, 2007 Posted September 13, 2007 @Geoff: Doesn't the Express edition of VisualBasic do this?
ajbritton Posted September 13, 2007 Posted September 13, 2007 I've used PrimalScript and it is very good. Must say that I prefer scripting in AutoIT these days. One of the reasons I love it is that wherever I am, I can download the whole thing (interpreter, compiler, help file and IDE) in a few seconds from the web site. It compiles to .EXE and comes with a far richer set of commands than VBS. Then there is the whole GUI thing if you need it, not to mention all the extra user defined functions, windows automation, COM functionality... I've yet to discover anything that you can do in VBS that you can't in AutoIT. The reverse, however, is far from true!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now